Short lil story.

Sunday, November 08, 2009 , 0 Comments

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I know my content might not match the title I wrote but anyway, I like this story by William Hope Hodgson, it's a little towards religious and science fiction,as I may say but nevertheless, it's good to read about it. There're some hard words and some sentence that I don't quite understand (the English used is a little dense) but I still understand the overall content.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

By the way, it is titled 'Eloi Eloi lama sabachtani'. If you've read your Bible till the new testament,you are sure to be fammiliar with this line of sentence. If you have not, I will tell you what the title meant. It means 'My god,My god, why have you forsaken me?' This title of the book originates (most probably) from the Bible.Jesus was crucified on the cross and left there and he said 'Eloi Eloi lama sabachtani' during the ninth hour and then died. I think that's where the author got the title from. If you're interested in knowing a lil bit more about this 'eloi eloi lama sabactani' thing, you can read them here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sorry, a little too biblical there. Just trying to explain a wee bit little. By the way, if you would like to read the full short story, here's the link for you to download it. It's free. Okay, so I will summarize the story. Warning! Spoilers alert!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's started with a chat between two guys in a club about the news they've seen on the paper.One of the guy at the 4th table heard it and responded to their little discussion. He,the guy at 4th table told them that Baumoff (the guy in the news) was replicating a miniature scaled scene on the death of Jesus Christ. He explained about the darkening of the sky when Christ died on the cross, how it happened and that it can be proven scientifically. Baumoff became the 'guinea pig' to his experiment and he died from it. Baumoff DID manage to create the darkening sky and stuff like that but died in a very agonizing way. How pitifully sad.

I recommend that you read the full story. The beginning might be a little boring but towards the middle and end, this are getting interesting.

Alright,that's for today's story. I've nothing much to say other than this short story of mine so,

Signing off,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :