Sungai Lembing Revisited!


First of all, before I start writing anything about this post, let me say that yes! after so long not writing a blogpost. Lots have happened since the last time I've written anything. A LOT. So, let me just write down a brief summary of what has happened:

1) I did not manage to transfer to America simply because dad did not allow me to go there. And it was his last minute decision. We argued for a week over because of his abrupt decision. (I've signed and posted my application and stuff only to realize later dad doesn't allow me to go there.) Well, I gave up arguing because he is like my financial supporter and listened to my friend's advice of don't argue with him.

So I ended up bunking into Taylor's university and ended up hating it very much because of the environment. Looks more like a shopping mall to me than a proper university where people study there.
So, I submitted my offer and thankfully got a place in Nottingham (plus point: I get excuse to be closer to nature ;P) despite not having a foundation or an A-level qualification (since I actually did ADP to transfer to America)

2) I got more and more active in sports and realize that it is now a part of me. I've taken up cycling and mountain biking other than dirt biking. :) I love both and find it hard for me to adjust which i should do during the weekends, especially when I am busy. Cycling really compliments dirt biking and vice versa because my balancing skills has improved tremendously and I don't fall so often during my dirt bike rides.

Taken with Chris Khoo! The pro among us in Kiara Park!!
My favourite MTB spot! Great MTB downhills you get here!

3) I recently also got into my first duathlon event which is MUDS and am going to join Powerman next so, will be taking up running because of that. I never really liked running, actually but I guess after training for a few time, I am slowly starting to dismiss the idea of disliking it. *thumbs up!*

I'll be writing up what I plan to do to get ready for my powerman :) That's going to be held on the 27th October 2013. Hopefully the plan I've come up with helps me!

My first duathlon! :D I actually got placing but didn't know and...
I went home without collecting my medal and prize. :/
So I went and collect at a later day..! *silly me!*

SO, lets get back to the more important stuff in this post. Sungai lembing revisited! :) Beautiful place, awesome people and great hospitality from our Sungai Lembing buddies. Never let us down every time when we're there! And, not forgetting the awesome FOOD over there!! (I'm usually a TMI - 'too much info' person but today I don't feel like writing out all my thoughts because I know I'll bore my readers with too much words. Less talking and more pictures..! ;) )

You can use your sedan to pull this trailer to bring your dirt bikes! :D

Ah Onn Zhai, one of our dirt riders! Posing proudly with the row of bikes!
Little Athena is there, too! :D

We arrived on the 7th of June 2013, which is a Friday and stayed overnight before our ride. As usual, we took the same house and everyone shared the whole house and parked the bikes there. Since everyone was hungry, all of us went for supper and ordered their famous tomato noodles! And then, all of us went to bed after dinner. What a great way to 'fattify' yourself. meh :/

*chatterchatterchatter*

Tomato noodles!
(sorry for the square photo.. I grabbed it from my 
instagram! :o
I didn't take a proper digital cam pic of the noodless!)

So anyway, rise and shine the next day! Had breakfast at their food court and their famous thing was the 'san sui toufu' ( literally translated to mean waterfal toufu) They used the waterfall water to make the toufu and what's apparently special about it is that it's smoother than normal toufu. Well, I tried it and I guess there was a slight difference? I'm not so sure tho! And then... *drumrolls.. jeng jeng jeng!* RIDE TIME! *Brwappppp brwappp brwrappp!!!*


Waiting for a few more riders to come before we ROLL!!

Some of the obstacle we have to go through! :3

CHOOSE YOUR LINE! so you don't end up in this big fat rut.

Helping each other with the bikes! ;) 

The ride lasted for half a day and by the time we arrived home, we were pretty dead tired and.. not to mention HUNGRY!! NOMM NOMM NOMM! *chomp chomp chomp* Our sungai lembing friends reserved for us roast crackled piggies and yummy charsiew! And THAT'S only the appetizer. We had dinner at another shop. Everytime I go for overnight trips with these fellas, I'll bound to add on the pounds. Well, I can't resist food :( It's like my most favourite thing ever...! And food, can sometimes be my worse enemy and best friend. It's a cliché, I know..! :o so anyway, like usual, after food, chit chat and talk about the following day, its snooze time..! :)

Well.. whilst eating the porkies..
I jatuh and laughed out so loud together with the others. HAHAHAHAH
What a good way to make everyone laugh :P 

The following day, all of us visited Rainbow Waterfall once again!! Instead of using the modified pick-up trucks, we rode our motorcycle in, parked there and then hike through the forest to the waterfall. ;) Along the way, the trail was scenic and well, pretty much nothing has changed since the last time we went there. Except though, this time, there were rock balancing art around the trail when we walked in and even some of us tried to balance the rocks..! :P

Monkey in action! I'm labelled as monkey by my buddies for obvious reasons ;)
Trying to take the road less taken :P and be monyet. hohoho

See what I mean by monyet? :P nyeheheheheeh
monkey here monkey there! 

Beautiful Rainbow Waterfall! :D

*CHEESE!*

Canon D20 is awesome!! *obglobglobglobbloub*

Some pretty ferns I spotted near the rocks :) 

WHO'S BUTTHOLE IS THIS? HEHEHEHEH

*concentrate* *concentrate* trying to copycat other hikers that stacked up the rocks :P 

(Inserts caption at your own risk!)

I somehow love this picture quite a lot. It looks so peaceful.. calming.. :3

And so, after our lil hike to the waterfall, its back to KL! :( Bye bye sungai lembing! We will be back again soon! The drive took us approx 3 to 3.5 hours (if no jam) before we reach home. Then, when we reached home, I took another shower and zzzzzzzz! OFF TO BED AND LIGHTS OFF! *bonk!*

Signing off,



Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :