My experience on the Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

Thursday, May 11, 2017 , 0 Comments

I honestly love how it looks. :p

This is a Ducati Scrambler Sixty2. Here’s more info on their website: https://www.ducatiasia.com/MY#Scrambler

I’m defo not the most experienced in riding a lot of bikes but here’s my honest opinion on what I felt about the bike. Then again, I’ve been riding much more dirt bikes than road actually..

-SETUP-
Everything I had on the bike was stock and I was riding without ABS the entire time. Oh, except that the boys at Ducati was nice enough to change the tyres for me to a slightly more off-road friendly tyres. I wish I could identify the tyres but, I can’t remember :( perhaps David Lim​  could name the tyres if someone wants to know. :p

-DIRT RIDING-
I felt that it was a lil hard to manoeuvre in tight single-track trails simply because of the weight (or maybe I’m not strong enough :p ), the size of the body as well as the ground clearance was obviously lower than most dirt bikes.

But, but, then again, this bike is more for road-usage. Though, if it’s on the open trails, it was alright. It’s definitely doable for easy trail (well, maybe in case you’re riding somewhere and you wanted to explore some kampung road :p ).Suspension was actually quite comfy other than I felt I did bottoms up on some occasion when I was riding out from Mat Daling. (My journey throughout from Kampung Page to Mat Daling is approximately 37 km, at least what was recorded on my Suunto)

P.s: I also find it hard to change gears with my dirt-riding boots on! :( I didn’t try it on a road - riding boots, though. It might be easier since dirt shoes are usually fatter

-ROAD RIDING-
I thought the power was alright for a 400 cc bike. The pickup was quite linear from 0 - 115 mph (approx) and there after the acceleration kinda slowed a lil. I road it maximum on a straight road to 135 kmph. There’s a lot of low end torque on this bike, too, which I really think is a plus point because then you don’t have to constantly switch gears. During the trip, we switched bike and my friend mentioned he could ride it up to 150 kmph. Not sure if that’s the stock mapping or not :p My friend swear the bike has more potential, given it’s specs. *chuckles*

The handling was alright, I suppose (well, I can’t say too much since my experience on other bikes are limited) and I think with right tyres, you can definitely lean a lil bit more in the corners. I think I clocked - in about 100 km - ish on road. We loaded the bike halfway into my friend’s truck later.

-IN A NUTSHELL-
I like riding it on the road better, obviously, since it is designed more for road - usage, but it can DEFINITELY handle a lil bit of a beating in open trails. *wink* I hope my lil insight has been helpful for you guys out there. :)

-LOVE-
The LED light! I love the circular LED light the most! That was what caught my attention, first. And it has 3 settings - low, medium and high. Not to mention, it’s a glass case!

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :