Freezing Cold Yong Belar III

Friday, April 18, 2014 , , , 0 Comments

Part I: http://alifeasamortal.blogspot.com/2014/03/freezing-cold-yong-belar.html
Part II: http://alifeasamortal.blogspot.com/2014/04/freezing-cold-yong-belar-ii.html

Droplets on the grasses after the downpour

So, well, looks like I'm suppose to be fast asleep soundly huh? Nope, unfortunately not. When it started raining again, slowly, water start seeping into our tents. Then, everything started getting messy. First, it started dripping on Ashley's side, then, slowly, I could feel that my back's getting wet. (oh no...!!) Then, Bryan realised that the water seeped in because the tarp was touching the surface of the tent. When we were setting up the tent earlier, we rushed through it and did everything in a hurry because it was so cold that we just wanted everything to be done quickly and we didn't do too much adjustments thereafter and.... so we suffered this consequence. Thankfully, the water wasn't seeping in fast but it was more like of a lil slow trickle.

  • Another lesson learned: Whenever possible, when setting up the tent, do make some time to check if the tent is properly set up or else, it'll go in vain. 
Another droplet after the rain. 
Ashley's getting the macro bug from me, too! 


Hooray! The peak! :) 

Bryan tried to make things better by using a cloth to soak the water. I tried to sleep but for the whole night but I could hardly sleep. I was 'in and out' throughout the night until dawn starts to break and then before you know it, you hear people calling, speaking in Malay : " Hey! let's get up and get ready to hike the peak! C'mon!" It was still raining and still freezing cold. We usually wouldn't say no but this time,  mother nature has gotten the better of us. We hesitated although they asked many times and me, I nearly gave in but my butt wouldn't budge. (an excuse, really.)

*scribble scribble* Hey! look over here! *snaps*


*cheesy grins*


This should be the "first false peak" but unfortunately was burned down. 
Wisps of smoke from the ground and the smell of burnt trees 
were still floating around the atmosphere. 

So, instead, we made tortilla-wrapped-with-ham-and-veggies (Ashley brought already washed mixed salad leaves so we don't need to wash them anymore) for breakfast. And waited for the group to descend so we could hike down. There were some snacks and 2 more wraps plus 1 more ham and so, we decided to save them for the hike down later. While waiting for the group, I decided to make use of the time I had by pulling my notebook with a pen down so I could jot down what to write for this Yong Belar post. (Well hooray! I made use of the notebook I brought!)


Well, I allow you to laugh to your heart's content. 
(Thanks, Ashley.)


*thumpity-thump-thump* *spidge-spodge* 
*woahhhh! boom* that's how I fell over here but the scene wasn't captured


This scene somehow, reminds me of Micheal Jackson's "Earth's Song"
Well, we're nearing there, soon. Very soon. 
It's actually saddening and depressing at some point that you
can't do too much as long as you have no authority. 


Oh, someone's peeking at me after I've 'showered the ground'.

When everyone was down, we quickly packed so that we could get down in time ready for the truck to pick us up from where we started hiking. We were worried that the hike back will take long so this time, all of us walked really quickly and took really short rest. Plus, the route back wasn't entirely  descending. There were ups and down, some pretty steep, all along the way out. And finally, we're out! We're pretty relieved we were out because all of us felt really tired and drained but (secretly) deep down, all of us knew that we'll be having another adventure like this again!

Till another adventure,



(P.s: Oh look how dirty your shoes can get. A lil' wash and she'll be spanking clean!) 


Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :