Kuala Tahan dirt biking trip! Day 1

Hola Chicos! Yes, that's Spanish for "Hey Guys!". Have been taking Spanish class recently at my college so, am going to apply what I learn :) Ah yes, I've been dirt biking again and this time, it's a 2 days 1 night of hella fun awesome ride. It was on the 16th and 17th of April 2011. I have been enjoying myself to the maximum despite getting bruised all over. It's a total of 180 km pure mud and dirt and 80 km on the tar road. Before I left home, I've blended some bananas, honey and a tiny bit of protein powder into my gel flask as my energy gel. Plus, I've added some pink Himalayan salt into my 2 litres drink pack to prevent muscle cramps.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Part of the 60 over dirt bikes...! This is Jerantut

Anyway, so, we left home at about 7.30 a.m. and car pooled with Ah Meng, dad's mechanic friend from Sri Kembangan. He's a real nice dude as he came all the way to our home to bring us to the waiting point which is at Jerantut. It was about a 3 hours plus ride from our home to Jerantut and he did all the driving. We did stop for awhile at Cameron Highlands though, for breakfast.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
See that dude with the green cameo pants next to the red bike? He's Ah Lu. I never really knew his full name but that's what people call him.

And so we arrived there and wow...! The numbers of dirt bike is amazing! there were about 50 - 60 dirt bikes everywhere and all the sound coming from those dirt bike exhaust pipes were loud!! they were booming all over. :D *thumbs up* There were loads and loads of Kawasaki, a handful of Honda and a few KTM dirt bikes that's in the group. Plus, there were a bunch of Cameron Highlands guys that were tagging along with us too! And so, we waited for about 1 hour for everyone to arrive before we start our journey. We went at about 11 am

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
1km before the dirt adventure begins!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Look at all the dirt bikes! *VROOM!* :D

After probably 45 minutes, we made our stop at this little food court where we rested and ate. 1 of the bike had a little problem and needs fixing. The rest of the bikes were still good. And while we rested, I started getting really really awkward stares after taking off my helmet. Especially from those that have not seen me before. You could just feel that glare and literally read their lips saying : "oh my gosh! Is that a girl following us?!" in Cantonese. Oh boy...! *eyes shuts tightly with lower lips pouting out* I felt a lil embarrassed though and I tried not to look at them.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
woohoo! DIRT + MUD = HEAVEN!

Anyway, we drove another about 1 km before bidding good bye to the road. The road wasn't that bad but I was pretty crappy though. I was one of last one of the packs and was way behind everyone else. I didn't even have time to take photos along the way as I kept falling and whenever everyone rests, by the time I reach there, they were ready to go. I was really really slow. :/ I guess going for motocross doesn't mean that you're any better at Enduro. It's really slightly different in Enduro. Loads of standing and less sitting. I learnt that from Ah Lu's mechanic, Usop. :) Nice dude. And this trip, because I had this fiery sensation burning inside me, whenever I drop, I shouted %$^#$% and SHIT! I know it's stupid and all but I just couldn't help it. I was so mad at myself for dropping and I think I'm loud enough for everyone to hear and I'm probably the only idiot who shouted when I drop. I was really frustrated with myself that I accidentally shouted at dad and I didn't even explain (that I was actually frustrated at myself, not him) and apologise. Well, Ah Lu thought that I was tired because I kept dropping but actually I was not. I did showed a shitty pissed off face when I rested and so I guess he probably interpreted it as me being worn out.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
That's dad's bike! And no, that's not dad on the bike. That's Tiger! Yea, they call him Tiger, well, it's pretty obvious why they called him Tiger. And he's the first dude that drove the Land Rover.

Anyway, after about about 3/4 of the ride, we stopped at this really muddy part and this is the part where you will need loadsa skill to be able to pass this obstacle. My bike couldn't go through the muddy part so I had to use the hill to help me out. Well, I was really excited to put my skills to the test but I screwed it by being stupid and unobservant. I drove into the mud that's next to the hill. Thick slushy brown mud. both my wheels were halfway stuck and 2 guys, including Usop had to help me out. After getting the bike out of the mud, Usop took my bike and drove on the hill. Bummer. I actually wanted to clear the hill myself but I know he was just trying to be nice to help me out. Damm. Out of the entire trail, this part is the most exciting and challenging part but.. I didn't get to try it out. *sigh* failed. I wanted to stop him and say : "hey! Don't do it for me! LET ME TRY!" But I was TOO SLOW. SLOW.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
See that red shirt dude there? The one whose both hands are on the Land Rover Defender. He's Usop.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
SHE WILL BE MINE NEXT TIME! <3 Defender!

So after that, it's the pick up truck's turn to go over the mud part. Darn! I'm even more in love with the Land Rover Defender after seeing it go through the muddy part. That will be car in the future okay? I don't want a fancy nice Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Mazda or etc. I want a defender! You hear me?! DEFENDERRRR!!! So that I can go dirt car drivin'. And load up my Kawas. &lt;3
Getting back to the trip ; the Land rover didn't make it through though. It was struggling in the soft mud. Then, another guy took over, a Malay dude. He used the thick wire cable from the built in pulley system, hook it onto the front of another pick-up truck and then pull itself (the land rover) out from the mud. Then, he accelerated and manage to clear about 3/4 of the muddy part and stalled there. At least he cleared it more than the first guy did and the land rover was nearer to a tree. So, he used the wire cable again and hook it onto the tree to pull the land rover out of the mud part. Cool ey? I &lt;3 Land Rover!! :D Sucha sweet thing!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Oh and so, there were about 3 more trucks to be cleared.. dad & some few other dudes couldn't wait so they wanted to go first. First, it's getting dark as it's already and 2nd, the clock shows about 5.30 p.m. Okay cool and all then suddenly, dad's exhaust pipe dropped. It's pretty funny and no, I forgotten to take a shot of it. :( Then, I had to ferry the pipe back all the way to the truck and it took me a good 15 minutes to go back to the truck. Then, another about 10 minutes back to dad. We continued by following the orange neon sign that says "Moto cross -->" until someone came on a blue bike and said that we're heading the wrong way because one of the sign was misplaced. Great. So, we tracked back and looked for the last sign and...... after awhile, we got lost. Yea. In the middle of the jungle. No hand phone line. Clock was already showing 7.48 p.m and we decided that we shouldn't move anymore and rest. Yes. Rest and stop to wait for help. The skies were dark and it was pitch black. I started praying. Obviously! In a situation like this, praying is necessary! Well, both me and my dad prepared for the worse. We agreed that if no one comes for us, we'll just sleep in the wild. It won't be that bad plus, there's the pretty starry skies above us and our bikes to accompany us. Thankfully, after about 30 - 45 minutes, we heard the sweet sound of a dirt bike's muffler and it's coming closer to us! I was OVERJOYED! and I started honking to get attention. He lead us back to campsite and it was another 5 km before we arrive.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This is actually taken on the 2nd day on the morning at about 6 + a.m. I didn't had any pictures of the place on the first day because by the time we arrived, we could only see lights.

Everyone cheered when we got there. hahahaha X) I guess they were crazy happy and relieved as well to see us in one piece! We stole the limelight for awhile as everyone flocked around us to ask us how we have gotten lost. Well, it wasn't that of a great limelight though..! And so, I went to shower and had a GREAT BATH! The best shower of my life! X) And ate heartily. BBQ made by the orang asli's were great! Food was awesome too :)

After talking and eating.. and getting 2 pieces of fruit from the Cameron Highland dudes.... (They were really nice peeps too! ;D Thank God friendly people were throughout the camp...! Else I'll be a loner) * I really want to cut this whole entry short okay..? I think I'm making my readers sleepy now.* and joking, lights off. Did I mention I stole someone's mattress?! there was not enough space for everyone that some had to set up tents!!! D: I thought when they said accommodation, I was expecting like some no star motel in the hutan simpan (reserve forest) and at least a room each for a family or person! NOT! one room had almost 10 people squeezing inside! I was such a pig by the way, for stealing someone's mattress. I felt so bad that I apologized the next day. I felt like a bitch. I mean, I don't know what I was thinking but I just grabbed that mattress that was against the wall and slept. I didn't even ask who's going to have the mattress. Sigh..

Well, as for Day 2, I'll post it another day. This is getting too LONG!

Lots of <3,


P/s: Click here for Day 2

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

1 comments :

FC said...

very cool! Love em defenders!