Kuala Tahan dirt biking trip! Day 2

Day 1 here!

Day 2 of my trip. I woke up multiple times because the bed I've 'stolen', literally, is really dusty and dirty. I was itching all over and I realized that I had lumps below my armpits - both side. Its a really big itch lump. gosh! And had lumps near my belly button too! Well, what can I expect... it's only RM100 for the whole trip per person. Anyway, I woke up at around 3 a.m. went to the toilet to realize I had those lumps and then slept back. The air-conditioner was set at a pretty high temperature so and...I didn't had any blankets with me as I expected they'll have so I used my wet damp towel to cover myself. At least I had something to cover me...! :D

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
These guys are awesome! hahas. (left to right) The dude who bandaged my leg, (sorry, I don't know what his name is..), Tiger! (heeeee :P), Yap, (The dude who came to our rescue), and.... IDK what this guy's name is.

ALL POSING FOR KOREAN INSTANT NOODLES! WIN! :D

Then, I woke up again at around 6.15 a.m. and went to the toilet, walked around the area, took some pictures and finally sat down with the guys. They greeted me and were all boiling water to cook Korean noodles. hahahas. They asked me if I wanted any and I said no thank you. I'll admit I'm a little shy when taking other people's stuff because that's me. I felt that it's not very nice to take other people's thing even when they offered it. So I grabbed a chair and sat in the somewhat formed circle around the stove. And listened to them chattering away in Cantonese until we heard loud snores comming from the camp next to the hut we were sitting. They were LOUD! The loudest I've ever heard in my life...! I'm not making things up but seriously, they were absolutely LOUD. And of course, those jokers I'm with took the opportunity to make fun of the 'snorers' (as I would call). They started relating those snores as the 'booming' sound from the exhaust pipe of the dirt bike. They mimicked the sounds of the snores and related the softer snores as gear 1 then a little louder and harsher snores as gear 2 and so on. It was really hillarious and I laughed heartily. Gosh! You gotta love those guys....! They were absolutely fun to be with and were all so friendly and nice!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Morning Mist...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My dear Athena :) Do you see my dirty socks below the head lights?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Cool right? :)

Then, after that, we had breakfast made by the indigenous people and no, they don't serve us stuff that is made from their saliva (not trying to insult here), or stuff that has been stomped with their foot but normal everyday food you'll see around food court. They made us curry puffs, mini doughnuts, fried noodles, water and milk tea. I love their mini doughnuts! Not too sweet and very yummy...! After breakfast, I started walking out of the place and started taking photos and realized that these orang asli (indigenous people) are really really creative people! They had thier own petrol station too! Cool huh? If I know they had their petrol station, I would not have brought my own extra 8 L of petrol from KL. Heavy! Oh and the weather in the forest is absolutely cool and nice. It's so much better than the weather in KL.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
That guy at the end left of the photo is Ah Meng. (Oh and he's checking my bike, Athena!) The guy that we car pooled with. He's a mechanic as well :) He's a really friendly + nice guy too...!


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
No not cow pats but elephant pats. :) There's wild elephant roaming around.
Interesting fact : Fresh elephant dung has vapour comming out of it. This is already a few days old dung. hahahahaha x)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The orang asli's kid. :) I Love taking photos..! My photos definitely does match a pro's one but I enjoy photo taking. It records my memory.

And so, after about 20 minutes of walking, I went back to our accomodation and started packing the stuff, filled my petrol tank and got ready to leave. I am suppose to follow Usop (remember? Ah Lu's mechanic, the dude who helped me pull my bike outta the mud) because I want to learn stuff from him - riding techniques. He's really good though! But, my dad wanted to leave early, ahead of the pack and he asked me to follow him. I said no, I'll follow the mechanic. He seemed a little hesitant at first but later said okay. So, I waited and then when my dad left the gate, Ah Lu asked me to follow my dad. So I told him I'm gonna follow his mechanic but he said in : "You'll follow your dad and then he (the mechanic) will follow up to you." He spoke in Cantonese of course. I was a little hesitant but agreed and by the time I left, I couldn't see my dad anymore. I decided to wait at the entrance for someone to come and give me direction and yea, someone did came. Not the mechanic though. He pointed to the left and so I followed him and little did we know that it's the wrong route. We were suppose to turn right. (I, later found out that it's actually a whole big miscommunication...He, for goodness me knows what reason thought I asked him to turn left when I on the other hand, thought that he asked me to turn left.) After 20 minutes, we realize that there were no one so we turned all the way back to the starting point. Everyone left and what's worse, that guy realized his tires were punctured after the orang asli told him. Thankfully, the indigenous people had a foot pump and he inflated his tires and quickly left to catch up with the pick up truck that had the electronic 'tire-inflating device'.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
KTM'S in the house! Too bad I ain't a KTM fan. I'ma hard core Kawa fan. Oh and that dude wearing spectacles with black shirt and flowery pants is Ah Ng. He's the one that brought our bike all the way to Jerantut.

I was left behind to eat dust. HE WAS FAST! So, I went along until I saw 2 forked roads.. I don't know which one to turn. I started panicking and then I stopped. I started praying, again. Then, after 15 minute, as I was about to leave for the road that's nearest to me, I saw an off road jeep. I started following him behind and after awhile, I guess he knew that I'm following him so, he stopped. He wound the window down and I asked him how do I get out. He said all the way straight and.. I told him I was left behind.. more specifically, I hinted that I was lost. I said I want to trail gate him out and he said you sure? You'll be eating dust as this road is really dusty! I said yea,I don't mind, as long as I get out.

Then, after travelling for 30 - 40 minutes, a pick up truck came by and passed me. YAY! I'M FOUND! :D They said they were worried sick about me and I saw a relieve sign in their face when they saw me. I felt like a pig though, for making people worried about me. Then, I followed the truck and met up with a few other people ; Ah Guan, one dude I'm not sure of his name, Usop and Ah Meng (aka Ng Kok Chin, the dude that had his tires punctured. I realized that it was him after he took off his helmet and... it was this guy that I 'stole' the mattress from. I'm a shit.) So then, later I followed Usop and he taught me stuff that I pretty much already known but never know how to apply. It was good. I really enjoyed it and had calluses forming around my hands despite having gloves. It's like a great intense workout...! My thighs as well as hands were burning! This is the first time my thighs burned!!

We arrived at about 4.30 p.m. at Jerantut. And then, I had to face the horrible music from my dad. He scolded me, not too much but with a super stern face and then later, I felt so freaking bad and *glums* :( Then, the dude that bandage my leg tried to make me happy by saying : "Ey! you know when you got missing, your dad was worried sick about you you know? Yea sure he scolded you but he was actually worried like hell!" I gave a broad smile and said yea... (Actual conversation was in Cantonese but I translated it to English)

So we waited for another hour, for Jopol's truck to come with dad's bag and also we were waiting for Ah Meng (that dude whose tires were punctured) as he decided to car pool with us as well. Oh and did I mention that there is 2 Ah Meng? One is the guy that picked us up from our home, dad's mechanic friend and the other Ah Meng is the one whose tires were punctured and also the one whose mattress got stolen by me. Well, actually, that 2 Ah Mengs... had specific 'names'. One is Dai Meng (literally means Big Meng), which is the one that picked us up from home and the other one is Sai Meng (literally means Small Meng). It was the age difference that had them come up with this 'specified name'.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The wound I gotten for this trip... But they bandage it till it looks like it's sucha big wound. It's actually not as big as it looks. How did I get this wound? Yea... the knee guard that I wore was displaced and it moved when I fall. So, when I fall again, the knee guard didn't absorb the shock and I got this wound.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
It was swollen and had bruises around it.

So we ate dinner at this restaurant at some place... I couldn't recall and reached home at around 9.30 p.m. Tiring adventure but I never fail to love each one everytime , despite all the bruises that I have gotten. Every bruise serve as a lasting permanent memory to my body. :P

Lots of <3,




P.s: I'm going to post my "Motocross turn muscle aching trip at Ulu Yam" soon!

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

1 comments :

Wow your wound look pretty bad to me LOL (opps sorry)

Gosh the more i read your blog the more i want to try out dirt bike and of course minus the wound :)