Jerangkang Waterfalls (revisited) II

Friday, March 07, 2014 , , , 2 Comments


As the sun shone into our tents, it was time to rise and shine! We were greeted by the cool wind, bellowing around the tarp we tied around the rocks, that covers the top of our tents. We washed our face, brush our teeth, have some breakfast and its time to hike to the higher part of Jerangkang...!


Another jump! (no, one cannot say no to waterfall jumps!)

Thank goodness for ropes! 

Now can you see how steep it is?

Phoebe :) 

The trails, you could see, has been accessed by other fellow hikers but it can get pretty steep so we need help from ropes. Liau was kind enough to also tie more ropes on the tree to assist us during descending later.


Half way stop and there's a little 'peek-out' place for 
a beautiful scenery

The upper part of Jerangkang. There's a 5-tier waterfall flowing down.

It took us about an hour to reach to the top and the view, was as if you're in another country. Just close your eyes, and imagine that, you're standing on a massive rock and you could see an endless horizon. Skies were perfectly blue and the sun shone warm and brigh. Right behind you, there's a calm pool that's in hues of deep turquoise and emerald green. And surrounding everything, there're trees all over, tall ones, shrubs, of different size and height; all of them, looking full with life..!


Tip 1: If you need water, try to obtain it at the highest point possible 
because that's where it's the cleanest.
(And yes, the water 'tastes' fresh)


*Trying to catch tadpoles here*
Liao Captioned: "And she fell in love with this little pond. It was there!"

It's the dry season now so, we could cross and walk over around the 'used-to-be-waterfalls'. And I, (easily amused, really) caught sight of a puddle of water. Not just any puddle of water but a puddle of water filled with tadpoles. It looked like tiny little dots with tails attached, swimming and dashing all over as I tried to catch them with both my hands cupped. I manage to catch one, though! Also, I found that mosquitoes were breeding in that puddle, too. Strangely, we didn't see or have any mosquitoes while we hiked up (and also no mozzies at our campsite.)  so....it may be that, the tadpoles has eaten them up?


This is Liau


I told you she was a good poser!

Alas! One normal Post :) 

The Blue-Winged Friend

We stayed and loitered there for a good whole hour before we descended and I manage to catch hold of this pretty lil blue guy! It was a tough job (over exaggerating) trying to chase him around and finally! manage to capture this shot of him! :) Oh yea, I'm definitely a happy camper. I haven't been able to have good subjects (or maybe I'm just plain lazy so I point finger all over) to capture for awhile.


See! I told you Mr.Cicada is popular among the girls!

Of course, me too.
Photo Credit: Sky Chew (I accidentally put Cleo Loong instead of his name)


It was time for lunch so as soon as we reach campsite, we made food to fill our ever hungry tummy. Then suddenly, when I was tidying my things in the tent, a lil guy decided to make a visit. He came with a *thud* on the floor. Ashley shouted: " Its a huge grasshopper! oh no wait. Its a cockroach!" Then another voice said : "It's a cicada." I came out and saw and yes, it is a cicada. He became an instant celebrity. Everyone wants a picture with him! (If he could autograph, I'm sure we'll all want it. Don't we?)


One last photo before we leave.

We left Mr. Cicada on a near tree trunk and we continued to pack so that we could head down, in time for the 4 x 4 to pick us up. We also didn't forget to pack our own rubbish and bring it down. Well, that's all the adventure I have for now :)

Edit: Here's something that would help those who wants to hire a 4x4 truck in and doesn't have the contact number. It's a question posted by Muhamad Akmal. Credits to Mr. Liau for giving me his contact. :) 


[Original Message]
Heya! :)
My friend just replied me and here's the info you'll need..!
His name is Jefri and his number is: 0139976368 He's a malay guy so speaking malay won't be a problem as a medium for both of you guys to communicate in. :) 
Also, here's some other information I got from my friend (Maybe you can quote my friend's name, Mr.Liau if it'll do any help): 
[Copied and paste from my chat]
best time to call is dinner time, other times he is either doing lorry runs, or at the workshop. And he does not take calls.10 pax for 4WD.. more than 10 pax is lorry 
Apparently he does not pick up calls so, what I got from Liau is that he sms-ed him the full details like the number of people going and then during dinner time, he called him to confirm everything. So basically, sms to book, call to confirm.. then sms the confirmed details: time, date, and no of persons. 
Also, he mentioned that its better that best you book a few weeks ahead as he does not keep a book so he may forget if you book say, a few months ahead. Short advance notice preferred. 
Hope that helps you very much :) Let me know if there's anything else I could do and I'll try to help you out! 

Till then,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

2 comments :

hi do you have any contacts to hire 4x4? please reply me at akmal.a.zamri@gmail.com

Hi Muhamad Akmal,

I'm so terribly sorry of the late reply but I'll send you an email now..! Strange blogger doesn't notify me when someone sends me a comment!