Jerangkang Waterfalls (revisited) I

Thursday, March 06, 2014 , , , 0 Comments


This is the scene at the top part of Jerangkang. 
The hidden gem in this part of the forest!

On the way to our campsite! 

*slush slush slush* 

We actually really, have an amazing breathtaking waterfall in Malaysia and it's a hidden gem that I didn't really knew of until just this trip. The last 2 (or 3) trips that I went, I didn't hike up all the way to the top. Jerangkang is well known for its many many tiers of waterfalls and if any of you guys would like to make a trip there, please do take the extra effort to hike all the way up to the top. It's really well worth it. And remember, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR RUBBISH. Take all your rubbish with you. If you can take your food up with you, you can bring the packagings out.

Oh, why, hello......! 
(Oh pardon the wind, he likes messing around with my hair.)

*thump thump thump* 

We needed to hire a truck (costs us RM 300 per truck and it can fit 10 people) to get us in to the first campsite as the first 20 km is actually really boring as there's nothing much (in terms of flora and fauna) around us. You could have your own transport and drive in and park at the first campsite but, from what I heard, when some of the unfortunate hikers came down, they found that their dashboard/windows have been broken.

Edit: Here's something that would help those who wants to hire a 4x4 truck in and doesn't have the contact number. It's a question posted by Muhamad Akmal. Credits to Mr. Liau for giving me his contact. :) 


[Original Message]
Heya! :)
My friend just replied me and here's the info you'll need..!
His name is Jefri and his number is: 0139976368 He's a malay guy so speaking malay won't be a problem as a medium for both of you guys to communicate in. :) 
Also, here's some other information I got from my friend (Maybe you can quote my friend's name, Mr.Liau if it'll do any help): 
[Copied and paste from my chat]
best time to call is dinner time, other times he is either doing lorry runs, or at the workshop. And he does not take calls.10 pax for 4WD.. more than 10 pax is lorry 
Apparently he does not pick up calls so, what I got from Liau is that he sms-ed him the full details like the number of people going and then during dinner time, he called him to confirm everything. So basically, sms to book, call to confirm.. then sms the confirmed details: time, date, and no of persons. 
Also, he mentioned that its better that best you book a few weeks ahead as he does not keep a book so he may forget if you book say, a few months ahead. Short advance notice preferred. 
Hope that helps you very much :) Let me know if there's anything else I could do and I'll try to help you out! 



Upon arriving the first campsite, we had lunch and then we had to hike up all the way to the 4th campsite. It took us about 2 hours to arrive to our campsite (you could do it in 1 hour or less actually) as we stop for rest and how can you say no to waterfalls? When we arrived, we start grabbing spots and pitching our tents! *hurry hurry before the sun goes down* (starts singing Glad you Came by The Wanted)

Ta-da! How do you like my (almost) instant 10 minutes house? 

I cannot say no to jumping into the pool. It's good fun! 

Tip 1: To keep alcohol/beverage chilled, soak them in river water.
(oh yes, these guys even have red wine & beer in their bag pack. 
Well, now you know why it weighs 28 kg?)

Tip 2: Use several bread tags to keep your clothes from moving away!
(works like a charm! and its less bulky and light than compared to pegs! 
Thanks Bryan Bong!)

Tip 3: To have your gatorade still cool when you arrive campsite,
store them in the freezer one day before and wrap them in newspaper.
It stayed cool in my bag for 2 - 3 hours. Not to mention it was at
the outside pocket of my bag. Look closer and you could still see
ice in the purple bottle! 
(Now that's a cool camping hack yes yes? Thanks Bryan for the tip!)
(oh and I also do this when I'm doing my duathlons! minus the newspapers of course.)

These are Basmati rice cooked from scratch.
Our 'Gourmet food' in the jungle. 
(oh, did I mention they even have
fresh salad to complete our meal?)

After tent pitching, we decided that we should have a nice dip in the pool before we have dinner. I brought the usual (plain ol' dry) stuff: instant noodles, my homemade muesli bars, biscuits and some chocolates. The others brought like loads of stuff! Like, I'll call it a 5 star rating for food in the forest. They've got complete utensils (& food!) like pans, pots, spatula, rice, leafy veggies, chicken, and etc etc.(well did I mention, his bag weighs 28 kg?Its gourmet in the wild! Well, everybody shared their food, and us, we had their gourmet food together with our instant noodles *inserts embarrassed face here*

Hello there! :) Do you like the goggles, too?
(They belong to Ashley!)

*ohmmmsss*
(Well, she has been teaching Yoga for 18 years and she 
is an au natural poser. Look out for part 2!)

Hi! I'm sky..! I'm the official photographer ;) 

This picture doesn't show how BEAUTIFUL the sky was! 
(The sky was literally filled with thousands and thousands of 'blinking lights'..!)

As we lie on the rocks after food, little did we know that there's a beautiful star-filled sky, awaiting directly above us..! These are the little things that are not seen when you are staying in the city as the city has 'man-made' light that blocks these stars from shining themselves. 

"Angels & Demon" 
(We have both in each and everyone of us! The evil and good!)

A compilation of pretty art! 

Trying to 'paint' Jerangkang in the air.

Well, star gazing didn't last long because I felt sleepy and kinda tired that I ended up sleeping early in the tent. While tossing and turning around in the tent, the rest decided to have some fun in the dark (there wasn't any moon that night) by painting, with torch! At one point, I just stood up from my sleeping bag and went out to have a better look on how they 'magically' made light murals around air. I've always wondered how they did that and when I knew it that night, I thought it was simply ingenious and brilliant! :D *pats on shoulder*

*pokes head out* Hi there lil' one! 

Well, that didn't quite last long either because I went to bed after 15 minutes (oh well!). Still, I woke up a couple of times before the sun rises. I guess I'm still not very much used to sleeping in the forest. Oh um... I think I'll have another Jerangkang in another day's post? okay? I promise I will try not to take too many days. (fingers crossed!)  

Till then!



P.s: Don't hesitate to drop me a comment/message if you need more information about Jerangkang waterfall! I'll try as much as possible to help you out with your queries! (albeit I may be slow because of bad internet connection over at my uni!)

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :