My first ever high ramp jump

The date is 20th March 2011. This very day marks the 3rd time I'm in the Tanjung Bestari track. It was a great feeling to be back after 2 whole week not practicing on the track!
Anyway, the track wasn't that great this week. It was wet from the heavy pouring rain the day before. Puddles of waters were everywhere...! Doc (my awesome MX trainer) and the boys were there too and a couple more people that I have not seen before.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Kawasaki - Let the good times roll. That's their motto.

I went on to the track and made my way through with Athena. Boy! slippery track! I started falling and kept going for a 'swim' (as my trainer calls it). Our definition of "swim" means ending up in a big puddle of water. Many many falls this time at the track. Those 'new people' that I saw were also falling everywhere! I overshot the corner twice, got a swim thrice, and made a bad entry (during the jump) which resulted in a crash when I landed. I could feel the 'thud' at the left side of my helmet.That's when I really appreciate the helmet and safety gears because without them, I would have already suffered broken limbs and etc.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Really adorable boys! Cute right? One of them is Aqille (the 12 year old boy I mentioned here) and the one on the bike is Aqraine. He's only 8! I thought he was 10!! Aqraine is a really talkative but cute dude. hahahaha

So, this week I was a bit 'adventurous' so to say, and decided to go for the other half of the track. I usually exit after the corner, avoiding the more advanced track, but this week, I decided to try them out with Athena, my KLX150S. She wasn't that bad on the 2nd half of the track. Unfortunately, I realize I needed to upgrade to a more powerful dirt bike after I cleared the high jump. Why? Athena isn't powerful enough and she's an Enduro bike. She's not a Cross bike. Her suspension is much softer and hence the reason why I landed so hard. Her suspension couldn't take the high jumps.Thankfully, I didn't fall but manage to continue on. I thought I was going to fall but no, I didn't. And for 'goodness-me' (replacement for 'God') knows what reason, I did the high jump twice with Athena and nearly falled twice. It's actually dangerous but say..I got adrenaline rush at that moment. I was having this moment of : "HECK CARES!"


Then, they decided to let me go on a cross bike. A Kawasaki KX250F which belonged to Doc's son, Aqlaine. I was having a hard time trying to kick start the bike because I wasn't used to it. Athena ain't a kick start, she starts by ignition. I only need to push a button to start her up. It was much easier than the kick-start.

And so, I warmed up with the KX250F by making some round before going in for the high ramp. I accelerated at the 4th gear.My heart went 'tha-thump-tha-thump' when I landed because it was REALLY HIGH! I could felt that it's so high and I really really freaked out. But, thankfully, I manage to cleared it! I was 8 feet in the air for a split second before comming down. And it was my best jump EVER! It was my personal best. I know there are other people probably going much much higher than that, but as for me, this is my very very personal best.

I was really excited when they told me I jumped so high. And I asked my MX trainer with excitement : "Does this means it's time for me to change a more powerful bike?! SAY YES!". He nodded. I was literally jumping for joy and couldn't want to tell this to both my mom and dad about it. Then, I decided to jump again so that they could take a video of me at the high jump but unfortunately, it wasn't as good nor was it as high as the first one I did. It was only about 5 feet (the video in this blog) I was pretty dissapointed. I decided to do another high jump but it still wasn't good and I dipped. Doc said that I probably turn off the throttle at the very very last second before the jump. That's the only reason why I dipped. What a bummer......! :(

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Rain. Pitter patter pitter patter!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My mom helping me to clean the bike. I cleaned too but.. not in the picture.. because I was the one taking the picture. But credits to my mom for helping me a lot in the washing.

Then, it started raining. A few of them started going in to the track to play in the rain! They say it's 'lagi-shoik!'. I tried too but I realized I had no more energy left or the 'oomph' to continue on. Doc said I looked like a 'sotong' (squid). Don't know why but probably meant that I looked really worn out. For me, it ended like that. For them, they continued on in the rain until the rain stopped. And so, that's about it! ;)

Lots of love,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :