Subang Bestari + Tanjung Sepat dirt biking trips Part II

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 , , , 0 Comments

Oh hey! Part II of my trip. This one will be solely focusing on Tanjung Sepat. It's an awesome trip but not as hardcore as the one I went at Sungai Long. I packed 2 bananas as a source of instant energy and I added 1 1/2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt into my drink pack. I don't want to kong out like my last trip

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
We waited here for everyone to arrive.

I drove all the way to Klang to meet up with the big boys , the Chear motor group. Everyone was friendly and I shook hands and introduced myself. I saw 2 familiar faces and one of them I knew him from my previous trip at Sungai Long.There's another dude that looks familiar but I don't really know who he is so, I'll skip it. I didn't want to order anything at first. A few Indian man came and ask me if I needed anything because my table was empty so, I just simply asked a teh tarik (Milk tea) - less sugar. Even with lesser sugar, it was still sweet.

Then this Russian guy ordered 4 pieces of Roti Chanai!! (it's a type of delicacy made from flour by our Indian culture.)The Malay dude sitting next to him was gobsmacked and said : "Giler punya orang putih. Orang makan 2 dah penuh, dia order 4." I laughed out loud! It meant : "Crazy white man! Normally people would feel full after 2 pieces but he orders 4!" Then the Russian guy (I think his name was something like Alexis. urm... I never really gotten his name) sucked his belly in and started rubbing his belly in a circular motion saying : "You see this. I'm really very hungry". hahahah. Epic. He had this Russian accent when he spoke English. Oh and you know what? I forgotten to pay for my Teh Tarik. I think someone paid for me. I drank the teh tarik hastily because everyone was leaving already. I only realized that after I got home. oh my goodness..! That person must be thinking I'm such a rude person for not saying a thank you. Uggh..! I felt bad.

Anyway, Thank goodness my dad asked me to carry the GPS with me , otherwise, I'll definitely lose my way and won't be able to find where Chear motor is. I'm pretty bad at roads because I have been at home for the past 17 years plus without really going anywhere. The only place that I travel to during my last 17 years was to my school , tuition and to places that I needed to. I do look out of the window when my parents is driving in the car but I just don't remember how to access those roads.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Chear's house. He has a nice house. Plus, he has a pretty spacious patio.
Oh and look at the whole line of Kawasaki dirt bikes! So awesome! It seems to me that Kawasaki is every one's preferred choice.

Anyway, we started off by stopping at Chear's house. I don't know why they actually needed to stop there but I'm sure that they have a good reason. Then, we travelled via the highway and I nearly got knocked down by an SUV whilst going through the roundabout. Thank God I didn't get knocked down by the it. I guess praying in the morning before a trip or any big event does help! It was my fault actually because I was so scared that I will get left out that I forgotten to look at the cars.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Look towards the end. Everyone there is trying to move the tree trunk. Oh and that's Aqille, the 12 year old young dude I mentioned in my previous post. *I just learned his name yesterday from his brothers..!*

We arrived at our location and had our first obstacle. I couldn't see how the whole thing actually looked like but manage to ask other rider what they were doing and he replied : "moving a fallen tree". I didn't help because there were already so many guys helping out and also because I consider myself as a girl. I don't think I am strong enough to be able to help them out and I'll probably be another obstacle for them. After around 10 minutes, the huge tree trunk was removed and we continued on. The trail in the jungle was pretty short as after about only 15 minutes , we saw an opening - a what seemed to me to be an already cleared forest. Sad huh?

Oh and Doc with 2 of his sons were there too! His 12 year old son joined us and it is his very first enduro trip. He was doing pretty well except he had a few falls. But, hey! He's only 12 ! I didn't get to help him up when he falls because I was actually panicky. I didn't really know what to do until some other guys arrived and I had to leave it to the pros to do it. I was pretty useless.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
First stop! You know, I like that red + grey suit. It's really cool. It's the Russian guy I met from my previous Enduro Trip - Sungai Long. Oh and peace out!

Anyway, we stopped for a break at this small little stall located not too far from our trail. It wasn't some fancy stall but they had a couple of fruits and drinks there. I ordered a cup of coconut juice and it costs only RM 1 . Cheap! And, because I didn't know how to really mingle around , I just sat down and drink my juice. My eyes darted around , glancing around all the riders, quietly listening to them talking and laughing. I didn't feel lonely not talking. I actually enjoyed being the listener.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Oh me..! DIRTY shoes! gotta wash them.

We continued on until we reach to a much harder, steeper and narrower trail. That was the best trail in this entire trip. I had fun trying to tackle my way up and I nearly fall a few times , my grip slipped but manage to control it and work my way out of the steep trail. I am guessing that everyone had a wee bit of problem too because it took quite awhile, maybe around 20 - 30 minutes before everyone made their way up.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Stuck in the rut! This is the first puddle I had to go through. And yes, they are trying to yank the bike outta the mud.

Then, we arrived at this place where there's a pretty huge water puddle for us to go through. It wasn't easy as the water was murky and there were rocks present around. And plus, the mud could sink in if we were not quick or fast enough. Thankfully, with some help , I manage to go through it. A Malay guy told me : "FULL THROTTLE!" I was a lil hesitant at first but he repeated : "FULL THROTTLE!" again and I turned clockwise all the way and made it through. Phew!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
2nd puddle. It looks a little big for a puddle though. But then, it's not really a stream either.

About 10 metres ahead , another bigger puddle / stream was present. It was slightly easier than the first puddle but still pretty hard. I went through that and stopped right there : Waiting for others to come to our side. Then, I finally saw the lil 12 year old boy at the first puddle. It was pretty exciting to see him ride through..! Lil kid on a bike is really cute! He did tried hard but his bike fall sideways and it got stuck in the mud. About 3 guys came to help but when they saw that the bike was hardly budging, a few more came and help them out. It took them some good amount of effort before the bike finally came out of the mud. Practically the whole bike was engulf with mud.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Flowers are so beautiful. I absolutely adore the beauty of flowers. Makes me happy.

Anyway, I manage to get a really pretty shot of a flower whilst waiting for them to pull the bike out. You could visit my photo blog here at : Euphoria.Photography for more lovely flowers and nature pictures. After that, we head for home and I felt so happy and good. It was about 2 months since my last off road trip. I really enjoyed myself to the max..!

Lots of love,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :