Introducing : Athena

Sunday, February 14, 2010 , 0 Comments

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This photo is from my trip at Sungai Long. She's what I call in a "mud-up state"

Athena is my sidekick. She's a Kawasaki KLX150s. It wasn't love at first sight but a forced relationship. But, I grew to love her and soon named her Athena. We are fueled by determination and we crave adrenaline. We play hard and we are masochists. Getting scars are hallmarks for this sport and we love it.

Oh yes, she has A LOT of scars like : scratch marks , broken lights (you can see it in this picture) , bent handle bars, etc. And she gets mud all over everytime we go for jungle trips. What's that? Oh, that's a crazy fun sports where I always get bruises and scars here and there. It only happens to beginners like me, when I get better, I'll get less drops and scars.

I do hope I don't get a broken leg though..! Almost everyone involved in this sport has a broken leg. It's what they call the "signature for the sport"

Why the name Athena?
Athena - Greek goddess for wisdom, warfare, strategy, heroic endeavour.

Might not be a smart arse, but she's definitely heroic. Getting thrown (and smacked) on the ground several times because of me is certainly painful and ''heroic".

Now that you know who Athena is, don't go : "who's this Athena!?" in my posts next time.

See ya!

Signing off,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :