Subang Bestari + Tanjung Sepat dirt biking trips Part I

Saturday, February 19, 2011 , , , 0 Comments

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
All photos here owe their credits to Kak Mira. I seriously don't know what am I doing or what am I trying to do. Anyway, Doc's waiting for me (right side) to give me my first lesson.


Oh me gosh! Look at my "lion mane"! Don't you think it looks like one?
Left to right : Me, Kak Mira and Doc



Aloha peeps! I'm back from 2 dirt bike trips this time..! Yes , 2 in a row , Today and yesterday. Both requires Athena but the skills required for both rides are slightly different. One's called Enduro and the other is Crossing.


I look pretty small from behind that lil' kid. Isn't he just so adorable?! I mean like how often do you see a kid less than 12 years of age drive a dirt bike?

The main difference is that Crossing requires a pre-built track but Enduro is a trail. Notice the word 'track' and 'trail' ? I just learned this jargon today. I always learn something new from my trip so these are some of them. You use the word 'track' when you go motocrossing and 'trail' when you go for Enduro trips. Enduro trips are mostly held in jungles and most of the time, you are guessing what comes next because well, it's a jungle..! You have trees, shrubs, more/less muddy parts, uphill, etc. But as for motocross , the tracks are always visible and once you've been on a track for a few times, you could just memorize it and know what is next. Plus , since the track is pre-built, there are practically no plants (as your main obstacles) there. Just soil. Yeap, soil. Every obstacle they have are made from soil. What type? I'm not too sure though.


Doc (left) and me (right), He's teaching me the basics.
Helmet is a must but like I said, he's teaching me so, it's easier to hear him helmet off than helmet on. Right?

Anyway , I had my first motocross lesson with Doc and Kak Mira. (credits to Gwen for putting down Kak Mira's cell phone number) They were awesome peeps..! Kak Mira helped me took all the shots from the motocross track and told me to some do's and don'ts like wearing your gears all the time. Helmet and your safety gears is a must when you go for these track unless you're just trying out the tracks or when you are teaching someone. Doc ,(I never really know what his real name was but everyone calls him 'Doc' ) taught me stuff like how to push Athena down when cornering to achieve sharper corners , pressing your legs on the pegs , and a couple of really basic stuff. These basic stuff are essential for any motocrossers and it will take time to fully master it because all pros will use their basic they have learnt all the time. It's serious good stuff...!


Awesome kid! SO MUCH younger than me and could do good table tops!

Cute-attack! THIS SHOT makes that lil KID SO FREAKING CUTE! :3

Doc's sons were there too and you know what? They are so much younger than me! I mean, they are really awesome on the track and already knew so much! I was having great a fantastic time there but at about 12.15 p.m. , I had to rush back to KDU Damansara main campus for a talk by Prof. Khoo. I was wearing my dirt bike shoes and brought my helmet + goggles in ; did not want to leave it on Athena. Afraid that someone might steal it. Eyes were darting around me , especially my muddy boots and my helmet. It wasn't a pleasant thing and I tried to ignore everyone's dodgy stare. I had no time to change. My feedback about the talk? Waste of my time. It was almost zero information about the topic that was intended to say. He said that we were 'too-young' for such a topic. (It's about the 13th May 1969 Race Riot) And, the prof was late for near an hour. He thought the talk was tomorrow (Sunday) until someone phoned him up a little after 1 p.m. By the way, it's a COMPULSORY talk - otherwise we are barred from the exam.


Me. Look like a fat ass. This pants really sucks..! I hope to get a new one soon with pads and etc.

The talk ended at around 3 pm and I zipped across back to Subang Bestari to continue my training session. It seems that there were extra people there. A few extra riders (they are definitely pro riders) and photographers. I think they are doing it for some article. It seems like it. I didn't ask because they seem pretty unfriendly. I tried to communicate by doing a small shy wave but they just looked at me with no expression or even a smile on the face. We ended our session for the day at around 5 p.m. I went home and on the way, realized that I left my aluminium Energizer (a battery brand) bottle there. I didn't want to turn back and I hope that next week it'll be there...!


Part of the fun at Tanjung Sepat. Big big obstacle in front..! See them trying to pull it away? See that kid there? Yea, a kid. Only 12 years of age! When I was 12 years old, I was still beating up boys in my primary school. :P

And um, about the Tanjung Sepat trip? Can I make it tomorrow? It seems that I am already writing too long. If I were to write about the Tanjung Sepat trip, this post will be really really long..! By the way, drop by my photo blog here : Euphoria.Photography I have just updated it with loads of new photos! ;D Till then! see you!

Signing off,

Cleo Loong

One of God’s many creation on planet earth. Here are just some of the things I’ve learn thus far from life and I believe there are many many more lesson to come in this journey.

0 comments :